Webinar: Comprehensive Assessment of Spoken Language (CASL), Scoring and Interpretation
(Now streamed at VDEI and recorded for access post presentation)
This is a VDEI exclusive complimentary webinar with Angela Kinsella-Ritter, consultant speech pathologist, Pearson Clinical Assessment, as she showcases the Comprehensive Assessment of Spoken Language (CASL) scoring software to facilitate the interpretation of a student’s results.
The CASL provides an in-depth evaluation of:
- oral language processing systems of auditory comprehension, oral expression and word retrieval
- knowledge and use of words and grammatical structures of language
- the ability to use language for special tasks requiring higher level cognitive functions
- knowledge and use of language in communicative contexts
Therefore, it is imperative to score the student’s results accurately as this will aid interpretation and enhance therapy planning. Targeted therapy planning is integral to a student’s improved progress and learning achievements.
The flexible CASL ASSIST™ scoring software will:
- convert raw scores to standard scores
- generate percentiles, stanines, NCEs, and test-age equivalents for index and composite scores
- produce graphic representations of scores
- compose an interpretation of the statistical results
This webinar will also provide an overview of manual scoring (in case you’re away from a computer or don’t have software access).
October 21 - 4:00 PM to October 21 - 5:30 PM
From your PC or now being streamed at VDEI