This professional development program is designed for teachers of the deaf who have no experience with the administration of scoring of the Comprehensive Assessment of Spoken Language (CASL).
The CASL is an individual orally administered research based, theory driven oral language assessment battery for ages 3-21. The fifteen tests in the battery measure language processing skills - comprehension, expression and retrieval - in four different language structure categories: Lexical/Semantic, Syntactic, Supralinguistic and Pragmatic.
This practical workshop will provide participants with the opportunity to administer and score the battery of tests.
At the completion of the CASL workshop participants will be able to:
- List and define the four main language categories of the CASL;
- Name the subtests that comprise each of the language categories;
- Administer and score the CASL;
- Describe the importance of reporting confidence intervals; and
- Determine three intervention.