In consultations with our partners the VDEI team have been shaping the 2013 Professional Learning Program, with the objective of supplying a balance of streams for a range of target audiences and needs.
The program planning team considers inputs from a range of sources, including some of the following:
- Independent program evaluations, systemic review and the Deaf Review key recommendations
- Regular feedback and requests from ongoing stakeholder consultation forums and key reference groups
- Participant evaluation results from Professional Learning Programs and workshops
- Supply and availability of speakers who can work with the VDEI, educational facilities and collaborative partners
Key elements of the process include:
- Providing balanced delivery using a programmatic approach bringing evidence into practice through practical training in VDEI programs for implementation into classrooms and workplaces
- Delivery in a range of styles and channels including face-to-face, workshops, seminars, public lectures, video conferencing and online webinars
- Geographic coverage – VDEI is committed to facilitating and supporting a high access provision across rural, regional and metropolitan venues at VDEI, as well as through online webinars and video conferencing.