Inclusive education means that all members of every school community are valued and supported to fully participate, learn, develop and succeed within an inclusive school culture. An inclusive school environment is key to the success of students with diverse learning needs.
Inclusive Classrooms supports schools to build their capability to implement inclusive practice by providing high quality professional learning.
The Inclusive Classrooms professional learning program focuses on the understanding, assessment and classroom support of students with diverse learning needs. Each offering within the program centres around a specific need and provides practical evidenced-based strategies to improve students' learning and wellbeing outcomes. Offerings include facilitator-led blended learning courses and fully online eLearning modules.
- Supporting Students with Autism
- Supporting Students with Learning Difficulties including Dyslexia
- Supporting Students with Oral Language and Learning
- Supporting Students with Hearing Loss
- Supporting Students with Vision Impairment
- Supporting Student Behaviour
- Human Rights Approach to Diversity and Inclusion (fully online e-learning module)
- Supporting Students with Learning Difficulties including Dyscalculia (fully online e-learning course)
Inclusive Classrooms Catalogue
For more information on each offering, including intake dates and contact information, view the Inclusive Classrooms Professional Learning Catalogue.
These blended learning courses have been specifically designed for Victorian government school staff. As components of the courses focus on student assessment and goal setting, it is recommended that Education Support staff participate alongside a teacher from their school.
Please note the fully
online eLearning offerings are available at any time to all Victorian
government school staff. For more information please view the catalogue above.
Each blended learning course is undertaken over 8 weeks.
As a participant you will:
- Complete the self-paced online professional learning supported by a facilitator
- Collaborate with others in the online discussions and reflect on your own learning
- Actively participate in 2 x 1.5 hour face to face or virtual conferencing sessions (delivery mode will be advised once your cohort group has been finalised)
- Complete assignments to ensure learning is meaningful and applied
Participants who successfully complete a blended learning course are eligible to claim 20 hours professional learning contributing to their relevant association registration requirements.