World Hearing Day is on 3 March, and coincides with Hearing Awareness Week in Australia (1-7 March). World Hearing Day promotes ear and hearing care across the world, and the theme this year is ‘Don’t let hearing loss limit you’ which highlights that timely and effective interventions can ensure that people with hearing loss are able to achieve their full potential.
The key messages for World Hearing Day 2020:
- Communication and good hearing health connect us to each other, our communities, and the world.
- For those with hearing loss, well-timed interventions can facilitate access to education, employment and communication.
- Early intervention can include:
- Hearing aids and cochlear implants
- Auditory and speech rehabilitation
- Sign Language and communication
- Assistive technology and services
If you or anyone in your life are experiencing signs of hearing loss, visit your doctor, an audiologist or an ENT doctor for an examination and to discuss what options will be best for you.
To find out more about World Hearing Day, visit the World Health Organization at: