Inclusive education means that all members of every school community are valued and supported to fully participate, learn, develop and succeed within an inclusive school culture. An inclusive school environment is key to the success of students with diverse learning needs.
Inclusive Classrooms supports schools to build their capability to implement inclusive practice by providing high quality professional learning
The Inclusive Classrooms courses focus on the understanding, assessment and classroom support of students with diverse learning needs. Each course is focused around a specific disability with the learning undertaken through an interactive and practical blended experience.
Courses include: Autism, Hearing, Vision, Learning Difficulties including Dyslexia, Oral Language and Learning and Human Rights Approach to Diversity and Inclusion (fully online).
Inclusive Classrooms Catalogue
For more information on each course, including intake dates and contact information, view the 2019 Inclusive Classrooms Professional Learning Catalogue.
These courses have been specifically designed for Victorian government school staff. As components of the courses focus on student assessment and goal setting, it is recommended that Education Support staff participate alongside a teacher from their school.
Please note Human Rights Approach to Diversity and Inclusion is available to all school staff and is a fully online 30 minute e-learning module.
Each course is undertaken over 8 weeks.
As a participant you will:
- Complete the self-paced online professional learning supported by a facilitator
- Collaborate with others in the online discussions and reflect on your own learning
- Actively participate in 2 x 1.5 hour face to face or virtual conferencing sessions (delivery mode will be advised once your cohort group has been finalised)
- Develop two sequential student-focused learning goals
- Set a personal SMART goal with an action plan
Participants who successfully complete a course are eligible to claim 20 hours professional learning contributing to their relevant association registration requirements.